Here’s an overview of what you see if you login as an administrator or project manager:
The above screenshot is an overview of a running project, for which you manage subscriptions, customer feedback, invoices and orders. In case you’d be using GoMonthly for the first time we start by adding a New project for which we’ll describe the details in the Onboarding chapter.
Note: currently only Firmhouse staff members can obtain full administrative access.
Automation of customers, payments, subscription management
Once customers purchase the product you want to collect payments, keep track of renewals, activate or cancel subscriptions and see an overview of this all. The overview is split into:
Customer details show you every relevant detail per customer:
There are several buttons available to manage this subscription:
- Activate or cancel the subscription: will activate or cancel the subscription and start or stop the collection of payments.
- Notify logistics partners: will send an email to a third party or department to ship the product. This button might not appear in case it's not activated in the Project Settings.
- Edit the monthly amount of the subscription.
- Update the payment method link. Get a specific link to send to a customer to allow them to update their payment method.
- Show/edit notes.
Depending on the status of the subscription, these actions may vary:
- An active subscription may be cancelled.
- A cancelled subscription may be archived, this means that the record will disappear from the overview.
GoMonthly supports limited access for sales support staff and managers through an invitation system:
More customer details are aggregated such as the payment history and invoices.
The total overview of customers shows the current status and collected payments:
Additionally, a separate overview of all the separate invoices is available, sorted by date. For each invoice, we can display the payment status.
GoMonthly allows you to configure one or multiple product checkout pages with customizable content. This goes for all relevant content:
- Content on the checkout pages.
- Content in the emails, including sender address
- Terms and conditions
We have a separate, integrated product for hosting mini-sites, landing pages and such: Airstrip - Check it out here.
These customizable options are based on preconfigured templates, which Firmhouse delivers as part of the onboarding process to set up the systems.
Notice that the content is localizable to support multiple languages of your choice. This also goes for currencies as we’ll see later.
GoMonthly also supports multiple payment providers. Currently we support Stripe and Mollie:
Invoicing, orders and bookkeeping
GoMonthly generates invoices automatically. It handles VAT calculation and allows you to pick specific countries and currencies.
Each invoice can be configured in such a way that it will:
- Include a prefix on the invoice number resulting in a series with a unique identifier. This prevents the invoices from having duplicate indicators in comparison to invoices from other systems.
- Include a custom sender address and email contact.
- Manually or automatically calculate the appropriate VAT or Sales Tax.
Here's an example overview of invoices:
Next to the monthly invoices, GoMonthly also provides an overview of orders:
The difference between invoices and orders is that:
- Invoices are about payment.
- Orders can be the initial or the repeating order.
Configuration of subscriptions
Configuration of the actual subscription parameters is possible and has the following parameters:
Any time a customer purchases a product, GoMonthly can run a test payment of a small initial amount, which can also be set or changed.
In case these parameters will change it will only apply to new orders. Pre-existing subscriptions will be billed according to the agreed price.
Products, Plans and Pricing
In case a subscription service consists of more products, multiple plans and various monthly prices we allow you to compose Plans, which consists of Products.
Here's how to configure a Product:
Products can contain certain logistical or service delivery configurations:
One or multiple Products and form a Plan:
Note: Products can also be service items. In case of online service items such as content services these can be provisioned using our extensibility features.
Configuring transactional emails
You can configure the email content of all the transactional events in the GoMonthly platform.
Fullfillment, logistics and service events
In case your subscription service includes a physical product or service elements you can configure a couple of items regarding such service elements:
- Edit or set a shipment date for an active (recurring) product in the service plan.
- Add a track & trace code to a confirmed order.
- Add a return label as part of a return shipment.
Currently, GoMonthly has a native integration with Active Ants, which a project administrator can activate:
In case of the intergration with Active Ants the following items can be fully automated:
- Shipping the products and including a track and trace code.
- Initiating a return shipment and sending the customer a return label.
- Tracking an asset which has been shipped to the customer.
- Buy Now option: allow a customer to purchase the product one-off. The difference between paid amounts and remainder will be calculated automatically. We support Try & Buy service plans with this feature.
- Activation Strategy: switch between automatic activation or manual activation of the subscription, which means a sales support employee will activate it in the portal.
- Countries and States: set all countries and states in which this offer is available.
- Discount codes and promotions: generate a series of discount codes to distribute for the product.
- Configurable transaction statements: configure what’s shown on bank statements
- Payment notification: configure whether the customer receives a payment confirmation per email.
- Collecting feedback from customers.
- Tracking assets per subscriber.
Next step: Check out our Guidebook for more details.