This article will cover the following things:
- What a plan is and how it works
- Creating a plan in GoMonthly
- Setting up Airstrip so that people can subscribe to your plan(s)
What is a plan?
A plan is the thing your customers will subscribe to. It includes an amount that will get charged monthly. Plans can be used to sell something virtual (like a membership) or something physical (one or multiple products) - however you want to use it is up to your business case.
If you are selling a physical product, think of it like a bundle: It can include one or many products (it can also include the same product multiple times). Once someone subscribes to that plan, all the products within that plan will be shipped to the customer (based on the logistics setup). The amount specified in the plan will get charged per month.
If you aren't selling physical products, then a plan simply determines how much money a customer gets charged every month.
Now let's have a look how to create a plan and allow people to subscribe to it
Step 1: Create a plan
In the left side-bar you will find a link called "Plans". If you are not seeing this make sure
- Your role is set to Project Manager or higher
- Your project is Plan based (get in touch with Firmhouse if you think your project is not plan based)
This is where all your plans live. Click on "New plan" to get started. Follow the steps and set up your plan. If you want to include physical products in your plan, you will be asked to set these up first.
Step 2: Connect to Airstrip
- While still in GoMonthly, head over to the Integrations settings. Copy the project token
- Now switch to Airstrip (easiest by using the product switcher on the top left of the page)
- When in Airstrip, go to settings and scroll down all the way to "Payment integration". Paste the project token and press save
- GoMonthly is now connected to Airstrip!
Step 3: Create a payment page in Airstrip
- Go to the Dashboard of your Airstrip project
- Click on "Add payment page"
- Choose which plan this payment page should relate to
- Create the page
Customers going through this checkout flow will get subscribed to the proper plan. Make sure to properly link to your newly generated payment page if customers are coming from another Airstrip page (like a landing page)
In case you have several plans, repeat this process and create a payment page for every plan that you're offering